Welcome to our SE Asia trip blog. I am scheduled to leave the US in less than two days and Adam will be meeting me in Hanoi, Vietnam later this week. The idea of this trip has been sitting in my back pocket for many years and finally in April 2013, finding myself settled in Phoenix, I decided to start booking it. Shortly thereafter, I met Adam and we decided to take this trip together. So over the past 4 months, we've been obtaining visas from various consulates, sitting for hours poring over travel blogs and tripadvisor finding hotels and the best and most humane! elephant touring excursions. In each country, we plan to do food tours, city biking trips, temple and golden buddha sightings as well as just enjoying the cultural experience of southeast asia. I have enclosed a map of our journey, although not exactly the route we are taking. We are doing this trip below, although counterclockwise starting in Hanoi, then to Luang Prabang, Laos; Chiang Mai, Thailand; Bangkok, Thailand; Angkor Wat, Cambodia, (we will not be going to Phnom Penh or Saigon on this trip) and will end our trip back up in Hanoi and Halong Bay.
 |
|
Next post will be in a jet-lagged haze... Can't wait to start this trip! -Melissa
No comments:
Post a Comment