Thursday, October 17, 2013

Hanoi rain

I'm writing from my hotel in Hanoi, awaiting my tour guide to take me to the perfume pagoda for the day. It seems we are in the reaches of a typhoon off the coast of northern Vietnam and it has been raining off and on since I got here yesterday morning. At 5am this morning from my bed, with my sliding door open, I witnessed a long, significant downpour. This is wonderful as most Arizonians know and despite some curly (frizzy) hair and generalized dampness of everything, I'm enjoying this weather thoroughly. So, since I've been here, I met some very nice people from the states, S. Africa, Australia and Singapore. I did a three hour food tour last night and ate some fantastic food, of which I would have been completely ignorant to had I been my own food decider.

No comments:

Post a Comment