After our busy day touring Angkor Wat, we spent the rest the next day walking around the lovely city of Siem Reap. It was still very hot and humid, but the scenery distracted us from this discomfort. We walked along the banks of the river and went to into the most interesting boutique shops (I should mention, US dollars was the preferred currency in Siem Reap, this surprised us, but we were told that tourists get ripped off if they use the Cambodian Riel due to the poor exchange rates on the street). We also visited the post office and the museum of Angkor Wat (interesting historical background especially after just visiting the temples the day before). Afterwards we went to a Cambodian restaurant suggested by our much lauded guesthouse called "The Khmer Kitchen". I had a delicious meal of stir fried fish, vegetables and rice, while Adam had a very spicy looking curry. I only wish asian food tasted that good here in this country! Cambodia offered us some of the best food from the trip, very tasty with interesting flavors, although keeping with SE Asian tradition, every dish was very light, yet filling. At the end of our day after dozing on the rooftop lounge watching the sunset, we packed up our Tuk-Tuk and headed for the airport.
 |
| Cashew Nut rooftop lounge view |
 |
| Sunset view |
Angkor Wat Museum, I'm 3rd from the left.
No comments:
Post a Comment